At Thinkahead we use a range of different evidence based therapeutic approaches. The reason there are differing approaches is that not all human beings are the same, and some difficulties may be better suited to one therapy than another.
At Thinkaehad we work to understand you and your particular situation, background, problems, strengths and potentials, and cultivate an approach to therapy that resonates with you and your unique needs. Our psychologists draw on a range of evidence based therapies, and based on our assessment and understanding of individual functioning, we create a good fit between you and your therapy.
Our psychologists have extensive experience in a range of therapeutic approaches which they will draw upon:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Rational Emotive BehaviouralTherapy
- Schema Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Couples Therapy and Family Systems Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
At times therapy involves a process of healing or recovery. It can also involve a process of personal evolution and growth.
As the psychologists gets to know you in the early sessions of your therapy, the form of your therapy will take shape. Together you and your psychologist will keep track of the helpfulness of your therapy as it progresses.